Wednesday, February 16, 2011

3.11

This number may mean nothing to most of you. But, this number MADE MY DAY!!! Some of you may have already guessed it. I PASSED A 3.11 TODAY! It feels so good. Okay, some of you still may not understand my excitement. Passing is graded on a 4.0 scale, and since I've been in Anaheim, I've been passing below a 3.0 every...single...day...talk about frustrating. But, I did it! I broke through the 3.0 barrier, and I am very proud of myself.

Not only did I pass above a 3.0 in practice today, but for the first time I actually felt really good about the way I played. I passed well and I felt like more of a presence on defense. Don't get me wrong there have been plenty of days since I've started training that I felt like I've played good. But, never really  good. It's exciting to feel yourself taking steps forward. So to sum up, it's been a great day for me so far!

Something else exciting happened this past weekend too! Erik Sullivan (assistant coach when I was at Nebraska) was in Anaheim recruiting, and I got to sit down and have lunch with him. It was great to be able to talk to him, listen to stories and advice, and of course, enjoy a free lunch :) 

This is Erik and I with my fellow liberos Paige Hubl and Megan Pendergast at the Great Wall of China.

On the schedule for tonight is dinner and then Long Beach State vs. UC Irvine men's volleyball match. Can't wait! Until next time...adios amigos!


Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment