Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR!!!!!

I am currently on a sugar high right now! Ellie Blankenship made cupcakes tonight and left the bowl (with a little of cupcake batter left in it) sitting out. And anyone who knows me knows I'm bout to get a spoon and finish it off. Well...I did...and I don't think I've blinked in the past five minutes. HYPER! So much for me going to sleep tonight and getting rest for practice tomorrow. So, while I'm wide awake, I thought I would blog!

Yesterday, yesterday, yesterday...what happened yesterday? Practice in the morning was a bit of a struggle. Couldn't really pass to save my life. And I was right back on the struggle cruise ship. The universe was not on my side. So to make myself feel better, I went home and began making cake balls. I was unsure of whether I'd be able to accomplish this without Jess Yanz here talking me through it (slash doing it for me). But I gave it a shot. It all went well until I went to melt the chocolate chips...I may or may not have burned them in the microwave. Dang it! I knew I would not get through this unscathed!

BUT! the next day I recovered nicely. I went to the store and got another bag of choco chips and went to take two of melting chocolate! Second attempt was a success and I continued on my journey of making the greatest dessert of all time! Well today I completed the process at around 7:00 PM. So, I took them to my friends Ellie Blankenship, Ashley Benson, Naomi Johnson, and Jenna Hagglund in apartment 420 and invited the rest of the volleyballers in the apartments to come get some. They are gone. Needless to say, they were a hit. This is the most complicated thing I've ever made, with macaroni and cheese and hot dogs in a very close second place. Yes, I am very proud of myself.

Apart from that mini adventure, practice today went better than yesterday. I was still low on energy and my body is getting tired (but not now because I'm all hopped up on sugar!!!!). Tomorrow is another practice with a lift following. And in this training block we officially have 7 practices left. Time is flying. Then hopefully I'll be able to get home to see my family and then get back to Lincoln to see my long lost (and very much missed) friends...Okay I'm gonna go take a shot of NyQuill and try and sleep. Wish me luck :)

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment