Thursday, March 24, 2011

This...is American Idol!

That was supposed to be in the voice of Ryan Seacrest. Use your imagination :)

So, this isn't really American Idol (even thought that would be super awesome), but it is USA Volleyball and a lot of us think that we would make a pretty good reality show. Anyways, there is only one week left of this training block, and the final individual meetings have started. It feels a lot like the show American Idol when the judges are picking their top 24 contestants. One contestant walks in alone while the others wait in the other room. That contestant meets with the judges and gets a "yes you're in", or a "no, but it's been fun". Then the contestant comes back out to the other contestants and announces what result they got. Well, a few of the girls have had their meetings with our coaches and a few have come out saying that they aren't coming back in the summer, and (I know of) one that has come out and said "Yes! I'm coming back this summer!" Well, if you don't watch American Idol, you can probably imagine that as more and more contestants go into the judges room to discover their fate, the tension builds in the waiting room. Well, the tension is certainly building amongst us. We are all very anxious to meet with the coaches to find out what our future holds. I think we just want to be able to plan out the next stage of our lives. I was talking to one of the guys who is always helping out in practice. And he (Kevin) said that they usually wait until the last minute to make their decisions and tell you guys what's going on, and that can be the frustrating part. Well, yes, it's very frustrating. I just want to know if I'm coming back in the summer or not so I can at least book a flight home or even decide how  I'm getting home. And it would be nice to know what my future holds and if USA Volleyball is a part of that future. In other words, the waiting game really sucks.

Kayla

P.S. I'm in a fiction writing mood, so stay tuned and perhaps I'll post a short story for ya'll :)
P.P.S. Not really sure why I used the term "ya'll". Native Texan, Becky Perry, must be rubbing off on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment