Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mail Call!

Oooohhh I get so excited whenever I get mail here! TWICE in the past two days I received some mail from a couple friends! And like I always do, I'm gonna show you what I got!

Yesterday I got a letter from my friend and former Husker teammate, Brigette Root! Yes, a hand-written letter! Made my day! Also, with the letter she sent me a cute valentine, and some propel and crystal light packets! She is right, the water here could use a little help sometimes. And these are even more perfect now that I've completely given up all pop! Thanks B!

The second piece of mail I received today. It was actually a package. The return address was some guy in Des Moines. What the heck could that be? Well, it was actually from my best friend, Jess Yanz, who warned me a few days ago that she ordered something for me. Oh was I pleasantly surprised when I opened it up...

I saw this shirt online a couple months ago and thought about ordering it for myself but never did. And just as best friends do, she sent it all the way to me here in Vienna :) I'm already obsessed with it. Thanks Jess! 

In other news, we traveled to Innsbruck yesterday (about a 5 hour trip) to play the second match of the Austrian League Quarterfinals. The quarterfinals is best out of 5 matches. A little excessive, I know. We swept and we are now one win away from advancing to the Semifinals. Our next match of this series is on Sunday. If we advance (which we should, easily) and if my friend and fellow Iowan, Ellie Blankenship (who is also playing in Austria) advances, then we will play each other next round. Small world. 

I will leave you will a couple of pics I took in Innsbruck. From what I saw it was a beautiful town nestled right into the mountains. Boy, I would love being able to wake up to this view every morning! 

Til next time...

Kayla

P.S. As usual, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment