Friday, February 17, 2012

STOMP

So the other day we had the day off, and Jenna, Svenja, and I decided we were gonna do something fun that night!

We started off the evening with a tasty dinner at a Thai restaurant in the city. It was delicious! We had an amazing candlelit dinner and enjoyed a glass of wine! It was such a cute and homey little place. I loved it! I was even served a rose with my dinner :)
They even served us a free dessert wine. It was fabulous!

After dinner we walked through the streets of Vienna and made our way to a place called "Museumsquartier" which is where there are a bunch of theaters and showrooms where a lot of different kinds of shows and exhibitions take place. The three of us had bought tickets to see "Stomp".

For those of  you who aren't sure what "Stomp" is, here's a link where you can check it out. It's basically a group of people (in this case, 8) that use a bunch of random objects to make rhythms, beats, and music. They used things like brooms, matchboxes, intertubes, dishes, rubber tubing, and even their own hands and feet. It was truly AMAZING and inspiring! I would go see it again in a heartbeat! And I HIGHLY recommend that you go see it if you ever get a chance to. It's a show that everyone could enjoy. As a matter of fact, after the show I found myself wishing that my family could've been visiting me at the moment so I could've taken them with me to enjoy it.

The three of us loved it so much that we "stomped" the entire way home that night :)

Anyways, 75 days til I get to come home. Sending all my love to you (wherever you are in the world) from Vienna! <3

Kayla

P.S. I literally laughed out loud when I saw this week's episode of "The Office". The opening sequence is hilarious. And here it is for your enjoyment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment