Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

Things I Love:

1. The feeling after you get a good, tough, sweaty workout in. This morning I got a solid 35 minutes of cardio in on a spin bike, an amazing ab session, and a nice relaxing sauna session. Woo! Great jump start to my day!

2. How good it feels when you eat healthy (as well as working out). I've recently made a few more changes in my diet. I've completely stopped drinking ALL pop, not just the caffeinated sodas. I've stopped eating ALL candy and chocolate. I've given these things up for lent. And for breakfast instead of having the sugary cereals, I just cut up a banana, throw some dry oatmeal on it, and add a little milk and that is my "cereal". I know it doesn't sound all that great but it actually isn't bad. I'm pretty sure this is the healthiest I've eaten my whole life. It feels good!
3. A beautiful Spring day! I think I can officially say that Spring has sprung here in Vienna! Today's temperature is close to 60 degrees! So, after my morning workout, I took a short walk through the city center (Stephansplatz). Vienna during the winter time is gorgeous, but, I'm telling you, Vienna in the Spring time is absolutely breathtaking. This makes me wish even more that my family could come visit me! But, oh well, you can't always get what you want.

I didn't take this picture, but this is what Stephansplatz looked like today! Sunny and beautiful!

4. My future vacation plans! I recently booked my trip to PARIS! After our MEVZA final four on Sunday and Monday, we have three full days off! So, my flight leaves early Tuesday morning. I'll get to Paris around 9:30 AM, and I'll be there til Thursday night. I'll get back to Vienna around 10:30 PM on Thursday. So, I have close to three full days that I get to wander around and explore the city! I have a hotel close the Eiffel Tower! I know, it can't get more perfect than that. And, I have a very long list of things I want to see including (but not limited to): The Eiffel Tower (obviously), The Louvre, The Arc De Triumphe, The Champs Elysees, Chateau Versailles, Notre Dame, and Marie Antoinette's Estate. And I'm hoping to get lost a few times too :)
This is gonna make one heck of a blog post :)

61 days! Talk to you soon! :)  

Kayla 

No comments:

Post a Comment