Saturday, March 17, 2012

Today's Adventure!

Okay ya'll, I know I said that I would be posting my Paris Day 2 post next, but I have to share with you what my day was like today.

Today we had scheduled the second match of the Austrian League semifinal match in Innsbruck. We left Vienna at 9:00 AM this morning. We were on the road for about two hours when all of a sudden the bus pulled over to the side of the highway. Umm...what's going on? Then we all see just a crazy amount of smoke coming from the back of the bus where the engine is. Oh no. This can't be good. Turns out our bus has broke down beyond repair. So for the next hour or two we were just chillin' on the side of the highway!
My teammates (from left): Conny (Austria), Lucia (Slovakia), Jenna (Washington), Svenja (Germany), and Jelena (Bosnia)

That doesn't look good.
My teammates just chillin'! We spent about twenty minutes of this time trying to get trucks to honk at us. We were pretty successful, too! At least we saw a lot of the truckers smiling! That made me happy :)
The cops came to rescue us because the bus company basically said that they wouldn't do anything for us. What kind of bus service are you?! The nice police officer said he would take a few trips and give us all a ride to the nearest rest stop.
So, we had some fun with it.
I decided this would make for a great early April Fools trick on my parents. I think it worked on my Dad :) Just kidding daddy!
And then for some unknown reason we had to PUSH the bus a little ways. Maybe just away from the oil spill? No idea. Is this really happening?
Jenna is baffled. 
And then super pumped that we get to ride in the back of a cop car.
I'm not a fugitive I swear!
But Jelena might be...

We spent the next two or three hours at the rest stop waiting for the next bus to come get us. We ended up having to forfeit our match tonight, so officially we are 1-1 in the Austria Semifinals. Good effort, gals. Can't win 'em all ;)

Kayla

P.S. Paris Day 2 post coming tomorrow!!!!!!
P.P.S. This might just be the perfect "The Office" clip for this post. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment