Thursday, April 5, 2012

101 in 1001

As most of you know, I've been working on my 101 in 1001 list. For those of you who don't know, 101 in 1001 is quite simply a list that I made myself of 101 things that I wanted to do or accomplish in 1001 days. Well, I started the list about 8 months ago, and it's crazy how much your priorities can change in just 8 months. So, I decided that I was gonna make some changes on my list. I don't know if that's allowed, but screw it. I did it. So here is my new list. The things I have already done are crossed off. The new things are highlighted for you. 


101 in 1001!
Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 - Wednesday, May 21st, 2014
                   
1.                 Buy a good photography camera.
2.                 Get away with my best friends.
3.                 Go surfing.
4.                 Learn how to drive a motorcycle.
5.                 Audition for American Idol.
6.                 Go to see a Broadway musical in New York City.
7.                 Say “I love you” to the man of my dreams.
8.                 Buy a guitar.
9.                 Learn to play guitar.
10.               Make a t-shirt quilt.
11.               Learn another language.
12.               Visit one of my friends for once (instead of them visiting me).
13.               Watch every episode of "The Office”.
14.               Bike to work for an entire week.
15.               Travel to one of the pictures on my “Places I Want to Go” Pinterest page.                 
16.               Buy one of the outfits on my “My Style” Pinterest page.
17.               Graduate college.
18.               Give up pop for a month.
19.               Be a model in a photo shoot.
20.               Weigh less than 150 lbs.
21.               Do one of the crafts on my “For When I’m Feeling Creative” Pinterest page.
22.               Go ice skating.
23.               Do the Color Run.
24.               Go for a morning run on the beach.
25.               Sit on the porch in a blanket and watch the sunrise.
26.               Take a spontaneous trip.
27.               Make a wish at 11:11 on November 11th, 2011.
28.               Sit on the beach under the stars.
29.               Party with Ryan Walthall.
30.               Take a month off of volleyball to relax.
31.               Give up candy for a month.
32.               Try making twenty new recipes.
33.               Go to a hypnotherapy session.
34.               Go to a psychic/palm reader.
35.               Take a meditation class.
36.               Take pop vocal lessons.
37.               Write and compose a song.
38.               Make a playlist of my 26 favorite songs (one for each letter of the alphabet)
39.               “Before I Die” chalkboard.
40.               Keep a dream journal for a month.
41.               Play in a beach volleyball tournament.
42.               Make a purse out of one of my t-shirts.
43.               Hold an exotic animal cub.
44.               Go to Harry Potter World with my best friends.
45.               Be a bridesmaid.
46.               Go to Carpinteria State Beach.
47.               Swim with dolphins.
48.               Go whale watching.
49.               Go to Sea World.
50.               Learn how to bartend.
51.               Written Paper Rings.
52.               Have Lasik eye surgery.
53.               Use Invisiline.
54.               Go hiking.
55.               Complete the 60 Insanity Workout Challenge.
56.               Go to see American Idol.
57.               Go to one of my brother’s baseball games.
58.               Go for a walk on the Mississippi River walk.
59.               Go to the River History Museum.
60.               Gamble.
61.               Play softball catch.
62.               Pitch a softball.
63.               Go to a driving range.
64.               Go to a Husker volleyball game wearing my 2010 Big 12 Championship Ring.
65.               Sing in public.
66.               Reread the Hunger Games series.
67.               Reread the Twilight series.
68.               “Take What You Need” sign.
69.               Tour Europe (Athens, Paris, Rome, Venice, Florence, Madrid, Prague, etc.)
70.               Send a secret to Post Secret.
71.               Live in my own apartment.
72.               Go to the zoo.
73.               Do the 90 day Herbal Life program.
74.               Send a message in a bottle.
75.               Go to Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve.
76.               Go to a water park.
77.               Go to Gotcha Glacier.
78.               Go to Universal Studios.
79.               Go to San Diego Wild Animal Park.
80.               Go to the Wax Museum.
81.               Go to Ripley’s Believe It or Not.
82.               Go to Venice Beach.
83.               Go celebrity watching.
84.               Go to Olive Garden.
85.               See one of my favorite comedians’ shows in person.
86.               Get my eyebrows threaded.
87.               Get highlights in my hair.
88.               Visit the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust.
89.               Learn how to juggle with four balls.
90.               Make a meal as good as Outback Steakhouse.
91.               Get a professional massage.
92.               Have a cookie dough movie day/night with my mom.
93.               Make a photo album of my pictures.
94.               Complete Laura’s summer workout.
95.               Run 1.5 miles every day for a month.
96.               Tough Mudder with Jess Yanz.
97.               Spend a weekend with Alicia Sieverding.
98.               Go on a photography walk through Austria.
99.               Visit at least one other country for a weekend while I'm living in Austria.
100.             Design myself a new pair of running shoes (and buy them).
101.             Make a scrapbook documenting #1-100.

Some of you may be thinking "Gee Kayla what are some of the new things that you put on the list?" Well, here are some links where you can check it out:

I also have some bad news to share. You know how I said we should be able to sweep the Austria finals in four matches and that our last match would be April 15th? Well, I must've jinxed us because we lost the 2nd match of the series (it's best 4 out of 7 matches). So, that automatically tacks on another match on April 18th, adding another three days that I'm for sure gonna be here for. Yeah, I'm not happy about it. But, it gives me a new motivation to win these next three matches! I WANNA COME HOME and I promise I will do everything in my power to get home as soon as I can. I love you all and can't wait to see you :)

Sending all my love from Vienna! 

Kayla 

P.S. Since this loss was one of the most depressing I have ever experienced, here is a clip from another favorite comedian of mine (potentially #85?), Dane Cook. Yes, I did some of this after last night's match. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You never got to Venice Beach while in SoCal??? Gotta get that crossed of when you get back there. Make sure and go on a weekend!

    ReplyDelete