Sunday, April 15, 2012

Things I'm Excited For: Part 3!

I am excited to be able to go to the grocery store whenever I damn well feel like it! Where I'm living now, we have a grocery store called "Zielpunkt" on the bottom floor of our building. Can't get more perfect than that, right?
However, this grocery stores hours of operation are approximately 9AM-7PM M-F, 9AM-6PM Sat, and Sundays they are CLOSED! Huh? Everything is closed down on Sunday and everything closes by 7 PM on weekdays! This makes absolutely no sense to me. Isn't Sunday the day that everyone has off work? Don't people want to be able to do things on a Sunday or after they get off work during the week? What if someone needs to run a quick errand after work someday? They'll get to the store only to find it closed?! Or what if someone is cooking a big dinner for their family on Sunday and find they don't have all the ingredients they need? Too bad, so sad! Grocery stores are closed! I don't get it. I don't think I'll ever get it.

One more thing, remember when you were in grade school? Remember all of the days off school and the early dismissals? Then when you were in college thinking back to your grade school days it seemed like they were just looking for any old excuse to shut down school for the day, because in college class was never cancelled. I mean it had to be like the worlds worst blizzard for the school to be closed down. Well, I feel like the stores here are kind of like my grade school days. They are just looking for any old excuse to shut down for the day. For example, is the Monday after Easter a holiday? Maybe it is, I don't know anymore. But, do stores shut down on that day in America? I don't think so. I don't even think grocery stores are closed on Easter Sunday in America! Well, I went down to the grocery store on Easter Monday and sure enough, it was closed. Are you kidding me? Ridiculous!

So yes, one of the things I'm looking forward to is normal hours of operation, especially at grocery stores.

Game day today! I'll let you know how it goes ASAP!

Sending my love from Vienna!

Kayla

P.S. I hope I haven't used this clip before. Oh well, you can never get enough Dwight! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment