Monday, June 25, 2012

1 Down...4 To Go!

Welp, I survived the first week back in the gym! It went a lot better than I thought it was gonna. Before I got back to California, I really hadn't seriously played for about two months. And for any volleyball player, two months is a LONG time to take off. Normally, if I take a week off, I'm completely out of it. But, after two months, I was thrown right back into the thick of things, training with Olympians. Much to my delight, I held my own and had a pretty solid week!

So, the next month could go one of two ways...

Scenario #1 (preferred): I continue training for the next couple weeks. I play well enough to make the Pan Am Cup roster. This squad would leave July 11th and be competing in Juarez, Mexico until July 21st. We would be competing to qualify Team USA for a spot in next summer's Grand Prix. I'm not sure when this roster will be announced, but keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. 

Scenario #2: I don't make the Pan Am Cup roster. However, I would continue training with the Olympic team to help them prepare for London. The team leaves July 20th and I would practice with them up until they leave. 

I would love it if Scenario #1 worked out. However, I'm trying to have a more positive outlook on volleyball this summer. So, I'm forcing myself to be happy with whatever happens, knowing that either way, I'd be competing hard, and continuing to improve.

I have to say, it feels amazing to be wearing USA on my back again and to be able to compete with some of the best volleyball players in the world! 
And there are some benefits. I get to spend my afternoons by the pool :) 
Rough life, but somebody's gotta do it :)

Sending all my love from Cali!

Kayla

P.S. Since this is a sports related post, here is a sports related "The Office" clip! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment