Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Semifinals!

After a crazy win against Dominican Republic after being down 0-2, we came out of our pool on top! That means we have a bye today and are automatically in the semifinals tomorrow! I really have no idea who we're gonna play. This tournament has kind of a funky points system and I don't really get it. But, I'm gonna guess we'll play either Cuba or Dominican. We played both these teams in our pool. And like I said earlier we beat Dominican in 5. However, we lost to Cuba. So either way, tomorrow's match is gonna be a huge challenge for us. We play at 9:00 PM CST. You can watch it live at this link:

http://www.livestream.com/copanamericana2

The finals are the following day, and we travel back to California on the 21st. I'm ready to get back to the States. I've been eating nothing but rice, beans, and tortilla chips for the past week. You see we aren't allowed to eat the meat here because a lot of the meat is injected with steroids. And if we were to test positive for steroids in our next drug test we are SOL. So needless to say I'm excited to eat a real meal :)

I'm off to practice! GO USA!

Kayla 

No comments:

Post a Comment